Official Freestyle Preset from SupaflyFPV for Betaflight
The Supafly Freestyle presets are the result of years of testing and support over a myriad of frames and builds. This preset combines a PID calculator to account for a variety of motor kv, and a robust but low latency filter setup which will deliver excellent performance over a variety of frames and motor conditions. Utilising the excellent Preset system, we can now cut through the confusion of tuning and offer high performance tuning to the majority of users within a matter of clicks…Enjoy!
Fine-tune the Supafly Preset for your setup:
Motor Ouput Limit
This calculator is designed to optimise your tuning when using the SupaflyFPV preset – based on your motor/lipo combo (and resulting RPM)
Instructions for use:
- Choose the SupaflyFPV Preset 5, 6 or 7 Inch in Betaflight Configurator including options of your choice
- Return to this page and enter your Lipo Battery type
- Enter your Motor KV
- If you use a Motor Output Limit – enter that or leave at 100%
- Return to the Betaflight Configurator and switch on ‘Expert Mode’
- Take the Master Multiplier value from above and enter it to the SupaflyFPV preset in the configurator with the slider there – and save.
- Enjoy 🙂
- The resulting value above should give a great tune, however if you want a ‘tighter’ more locked in feel – increase the Master Slider by +0.05 – 0.1 from the number in the calculator.
- If you have a heavy build you can go up to even +0.2. Higher than this will usually result in oscillation.
- The new configuration of the Supafly tune gives the user some control over the filter sliders, for personal taste and set to their build. Start at the default and increase the filter sliders up to maximum of 2 on Gyro and 1.8 on Dterm.
- Follow the esc setup below:
Esc can use the Blheli32 32.7 or 32.9 firmware on newer found in the Blheli32 configurator
Use the following settings in the Blheli32 configurator:
For version 32.7
PWM to 48kHz, demag high, rampup power 30%, timing 23 degrees
or if not:
For version 32.9
PWM low 24kHz – by RPM, demag high, rampup power 30%, timing 23 degrees
Credit esc setup to Ryan Harrell.
Click the logo above for access using the customer password.
Customers have access to frame optimised ‘peak performance’ Betaflight tuning, as well as Kiss and FETTEC tuning….